Au pair in Europe program
The au pair program is a cultural exchange program in a family environment. Details of our program vary slightly from country to country in Europe but below is an overview of the minimum program provided in collaboration with our partner agencies across Europe:
- Program Duration: Min 6 months - Max 24 months
- Location: Host families all over Europe
- Arrival Airport: National Airport or regional airport* closest to host family
- Objective: Cultural exchange, vocational learning in family environment
- Activities: Core activity = experiencing all aspects of daily life in your host family; help with childcare, light housework, assistance with (English) home work but also - joining in with sports & hobbies, sightseeing, meeting other au pairs, excursions etc.
- Duty Hours: 25-30 hours per week, including babysitting - all other time is free (usually weekends are free)
- Getting to the destination: Dependent on location; flight to the host country and host family will collect from the nearest airport.
- Requirements: Minimum Age 18
- Rewards: you will receive minimum £70 pocket money per week but the best reward is the chance to experience another culture!
- Other: Au pairs may chose to arrange language classes or other classes nearby. Host family can help to find suitable classes (payable locally), if needed in collaboration with the local agency.
Program fee £150
- Accommodation: Own (single) room in host family home, shared or own bathroom, usually with use of internet or wifi. Many families offer TV in bedroom.
- Food:All meals
- Airport Pickup: Included on arrival and departure. We arrange for your host family to collect you from the nearest airport.
- Training:In-country orientation
- Support before departure:Pre-departure pack, country guide & helpdesk to answer any additional queries
- Support during your stay: Local in-country team and 24 hour emergency support helpline
What's not included
- Flights, (travel) insurance, Airport transfer in UK, Local transport for the duration of your stay (although some families agree use of car and/or supply local travel pass)
- Extras: participation in (language) classes, au pair meetings, events and excursions all optional extras and payable locally
- All personal expenses
NOTE; British candidates applying to be au pair in EEA countries do not require a visa or work permit.