Smartaupairs Au Pair Get Together 2012 - A Great Success!
Every autumn, Smartaupairs organizes a get together for all the new au pairs, to share useful information and tips for their stay in the UK. We had a record attendance this year, with around 100 au pairs joining us last Saturday in London!
In the get together, we covered topics such as
- advice on practicalities, such as registering with GP/Opening a bank account
- how to deal with homesickness
- the importance of good communication with the host family
- how to resolve any issues that may occur during the au pair stay
- how to make the best of one’s time in the UK (travelling, learning English, finding friends)
- ideas for entertaining the children of different age groups
- and more..
Two additional presentations were provided by a first aid course organizer and au pair (budget) friendly tours organizer.
Aside of providing useful information on the practicalities of being an au pair - events like these are of course also a great way to meet other au pairs and to make friends!
Overall, we are very pleased with the turnout, and have received very kind feedback both from our au pairs and host families likewise on the benefits of such events.
Here is feedback we received from Sarah, a German au pair who arrived in England just over two weeks ago.
“Hey Smartaupairs - Team,
It was really nice on Saturday even if I can´t stay long, because I have to go back home early. To call it my home is your merit, because you made me feel more comfortable with your presentation. It was really nice to see you live and in color. Thank you Smartaupairs for giving me the chance, to realize my dreams to go abroad. “
Did your au pair attend the event? We would love to hear any further feedback on the day!
We can help your family to a successful au pair experience,
Call us on 0800 917 81 66 to discuss your requirements!