INFORMATION FOR AGENTS
We work mostly with professional IAPA members but we also have exclusive arrangements with a number of smaller agencies who interview au pairs on our behalf.
A very important part of our service is to deliver first-rate au pair profiles through extensive screening and a personal interview.
Before an au pair is introduced to a host family, we make sure that the file is up to date with
- A quality profile
- Recent photographs
- References, that are checked and ‘checkable’. They need to be originals or certified translations to English, with signature, telephone number and address of referee, allowing families to complete a reference follow-up
- Medical reference, checkable as above
- Police check from their country
ROLE OF AGENT
Once the profile is complete, the agent should call the candidate for a telephone interview. Each interview should follow the same structure.
- Introduction and explanation of the interview, introduction and selection process
- Re-assurance that smartaupairs do NOT charge au pairs for the service
- Clarification that we choose to represent only complete profiles
- Outline of our exclusive benefits for au pairs
- Explanation of what to expect as an au pair in Britain, preferably in local language to avoid misunderstanding
- Validation of the profile, which means a double check of the information provided by the au pair
- Interview, discussing the au pair’s profile, in English, to check language skills
ESTABLISHED IAPA AGENCY OR SMALL AND EXCLUSIVE
We are interested to hear from established agencies looking to place their candidates in Britain. Please contact email@example.com.